Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Friends/things Ive learned from my dogs.

So Ive come to realize even though you (I ) may admire someone that does not mean they are a friend or someone you should always follow. Which has got me to thinking, besides select family members, who I relate to most are my dogs. They have taught me so much and are still teaching me today.

Things I have learned from my dogs:
Daizey and Pandora have taught me to never give up, even when you've been beaten down and no one thinks you will get up again.

Tinker, even though most think she is too barky, happens to be the BEST judge of character- shes taught me to be wary and trust slowly, but that when you trust- to trust fully.

Pandora has taught me that even though our bodies may not be the best, we can always do our best with them.

Also to not be sorry for yourself, she doesnt care her back legs dont work as long as she gets to play with the other dogs.

Brewster has taught me to be nice to everyone even if they bite you in the face... eventually they will come around and be your friend.

Daizey taught me boundaries. With her it was her feet and food. There are some places you just dont ever let people in to.

And all 4 of them (r.i.p. my sweet old love) have taught me when a friend is sick, sad, or sore you dont abandon them but you dont smother them. You stay by their side and you stay quiet with love.

My family or my "friends" are never fully aware of what is going on. Thats just the way it is with people. Some people are open books and wear their hearts on their sleeves, others have layers and layers. We/I tend to have different layers with different people, some I let into the deep layers but for whatever reason they dont keep up with the superficial ones. Its easy to keep people up top on the first few and I think those are the good friends, ones that keep up with you, ask how the day to day is, act INTERESTED even when it doesn't benefit them.
Which is why I know I can always talk with the dogs, captive audience if you will, lol. I know they won't judge and I know they are here everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment