Sunday, January 16, 2011

First blog!

So, in this first blog let me tell you a little about myself. I have Lyme disease, Hashimotos hypothyroidism, epstein-barr virus and somehow in this mixture of things I've scarred the bottom lobes of my lungs up causing a few bouts of pneumonia (lyme spirochetes? but I get ahead of myself...) and was in an accident May '09 that herniated the disc in my thoracic spine.

Lucky aren't I?

On to other areas of my life besides medical- I am a veterinary technician ( just a few classes away from being able to be certified- as a technician, not insane : ) I've always wanted to be around animals. My first dog was a cocker named Angel who gave birth to my next 2 dogs Scooby and Butch but, alas, Angel was hit by a car, Scooby ran away, and we moved so Butch found a new family.

Now I have Daizey my 16 yr old chow mix and who I consider my furry sister (not to be confused with my less furry, human sister DeLayna) Daizey is your typical old dog, severe arthritis that makes getting up/down difficult and some heart and lungs problems but she's still  bright eyed, loves her food, and occasionally rols onto her back and wiggles.
Tinker is my very neurotic bichon that I rescued from the first animal clinic I worked in, she was found wrapped up in a farmers fence. We guess the barb wire got stuck to her mats and she panicked. Since having her we've learned about seperation anxiety, how to fix french doors when she's tried to chew through them, and taught her to walk on a leash (she had a severe fear of anything aound her neck) She's pretty much DeLaynas dog and tries to be touching her at any given time.
Pandora is the newest child. She is around 1-2 yrs old, a shih-tzu, and paralyzed from her hips down. She was found as a stray, already paralyzed for some time and was on her way to animal services. Well, I know Daizey is on her way out of this world and so Pandora has come home to be the bridge for our family and Tinker for when the time comes that Daizey is no longer here. Pandora is the sweetest, funniest little mop I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

So, wrapping this up, I'm hoping this blog will be therapeutic for me. With my medical issues (which I will go into in the next blog) coming to a head and trying to find a doctor to treat me, with Daizey not doing so well, and just my life in general... I hope to either help someone else out who may be in the same boat or at the very least help myself out by writing and getting it off my chest.
Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment